In todays blog, I decided to try and complete my first official Q&A which I was tagged in by my wifey and fellow blogger, Naomi!
Anyone who knows me personally, knows I’m a huge nerd and the Harry Potter series has always had a special place in my heart.
So again, thank you to Naomi for tagging me in this awesome Q&A! And I recommend you check out her amazing blog!
1. What house are you in?
After much consideration, I decided that Hufflepuff is the most poignant choice for me! Like the Sorting Hat said, “You might belong in Hufflepuff, where they are just and loyal, those patient Hufflepuffs are true and unafraid of toil”, and I definitely see myself as a loyal, dedicated person.
2. What is your patronus?
According to Pottermore, my patronus would be a Black Mare. After much analysis of my patronus, I found that those with the Black mare have loyal hearts and free souls. I also found out that it means you are fiercely loyal (sometimes to your detriment) and that you will often put others before yourself.. an exact trait of mine, if I’m very honest.
3. What is your wand?
My wand is Ebony wood with a unicorn hair core, 12 ¼” and surprisingly swishy flexibility. According to Pottermore..
- Ebony: This jet-black wand wood has an impressive appearance and reputation, being highly suited to all manner of combative magic, and to Transfiguration. Ebony is happiest in the hand of those with the courage to be themselves. Frequently non-conformist, highly individual or comfortable with the status of outsider, ebony wand owners have been found both among the ranks of the Order of the Phoenix and among the Death Eaters. In my experience the ebony wand’s perfect match is one who will hold fast to his or her beliefs, no matter what the external pressure, and will not be swayed lightly from their purpose.
- Unicorn: Unicorn hair generally produces the most consistent magic, and is least subject to fluctuations and blockages. Wands with unicorn cores are generally the most difficult to turn to the Dark Arts. They are the most faithful of all wands, and usually remain strongly attached to their first owner, irrespective of whether he or she was an accomplished witch or wizard. Minor disadvantages of unicorn hair are that they do not make the most powerful wands (although the wand wood may compensate) and that they are prone to melancholy if seriously mishandled, meaning that the hair may ‘die’ and need replacing.
- 12 ¼” in length: Most wands will be in the range of between nine and fourteen inches. While I have sold extremely short wands (eight inches and under) and very long wands (over fifteen inches), these are exceptionally rare. In the latter case, a physical peculiarity demanded the excessive wand length. However, abnormally short wands usually select those in whose character something is lacking, rather than because they are physically undersized (many small witches and wizards are chosen by longer wands).
- Surprisingly Swishy Flexibility: Wand flexibility or rigidity denotes the degree of adaptability and willingness to change possessed by the wand-and-owner pair – although, again, this factor ought not to be considered separately from the wand wood, core and length, nor of the owner’s life experience and style of magic, all of which will combine to make the wand in question unique.
4. What would your boggart be?
I’d say my boggart would be a wardrobe because my biggest fear is being trapped in such a small space. The fact that I have severe anxiety means I have a strong hate for crowds and honestly, I like my own personal space where I can breathe comfortably.
5. What position would you play in Quidditch?
Well, I’m bloody hopeless at sport so I’ll just watch.
6. Would you be a pure blood, half blood or muggle born?
Hm.. I’m going to say I’m a pure blood!
7. What job would you want to have after graduating Hogwarts?
Now this is a tricky question.. I’m a bit of a education lover though, so maybe beg them to let me stay forever?
8. Which of the deathly hallows would you choose?
The Invisibility Cloak! Gotta agree 100% with Naomi there!
9. Favourite book?
The Philosopher’s Stone, by far.
10. Least favourite book?
The Order of the Phoenix.
11. Favourite film?
Moaning Myrtle.. A free Dobby AND a teenage Voldy. It’s got to be Chamber of Secrets. Hands down.
12. Least favourite film?
Definitely The Deathly Hallows – Part 2, purely because it was the last ever one and I cried like a baby.
13. Favourite character?
Ron. Ron. Ron. Ron.
14. Least favourite/most hated character?
Bellatrix Lestrange – she murdered Dobby and Sirius!!!!
15. Favourite teacher at Hogwarts?
Hagrid because he did nothing but help Harry constantly.
16. Least favourite teacher at Hogwarts?
Strange as it sounds, I didn’t find Snape an appealing teacher at all. Outside of the classroom though, I loved him.
17. Do you have any unpopular opinions about the series?
I genuinely felt bad for Draco, he was made out to be such a bad person when really he was just broken.
18. If you could save one character from the final battle who would you save?
Agreeing again with Naomi and choosing Fred Weasley.. You can’t break up the brothers!
Thanks again to Naomi for tagging me in this, it was definitely fun to do! I also decided to make this an open tag, so everyone on the blogosphere can do this. I’ll drop the questions down below!
What house are you in?
What is your patronus?
What is your wand?
What would your boggart be?
What position would you play in Quidditch?
Would you be a pure blood, half blood or muggle born?
What job would you want to have after graduating Hogwarts?
Which of the deathly hallows would you choose?
Least favourite book?
Least favourite film?
Least favourite/most hated character?
Favourite teacher at Hogwarts?
Least favourite teacher at Hogwarts?
Do you have any unpopular opinions about the series?
If you could save one character from the final battle who would you save?